Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Crazy Eights

My friend Dette, over at Dance of Motherhood, asked me to participate in this game of Crazy Eights by sharing eight unusual or little known facts about myself. Ready? (That was rhetorical. If not, I suspect you've already closed your browser.) Okay, then. Here goes:

1. At the tender age of eight, I came in 3rd in the "Most Beautiful Eyes in Massachusetts" competition.

2. The 3rd place prize for said competition was originally a romantic weekend for two, as they were not anticipating that a child might place. When I did, the judges pulled some strings and instead awarded me my very first camera.

3. When I was a kid, I dreamed of becoming an author. I wrote profusely and even "published" my own mini books (made entirely out of construction paper). My mother still has the very first book I ever wrote, entitled Watch the Flower Grow.

4. While in college, I was hired by a publishing company to write a book on dating and relationships. The cover of this book is bright pink.

5. I used to walk over a mile each morning in the snowy New England winters for my one true weakness... Dunkin Donuts french vanilla iced coffee. Oh, how I miss it living in the PacNW!

6. I'm of Eastern European descent. My great-grandfather fought in the Russian Revolution before coming over to America.

7. My son's name literally translates to "White hawk, defender of men." At his birth, my ex insisted that we'd destined him to a life of Dungeons and Dragons.

8. Last but certainly not least, I am now the owner of a brand new iPod shuffle, and I have Corrin from corrinrenee.com to thank for it! I was the winner of her most recent giveaway and honestly, it could not have come at a better time. The iPod I purchased in 2004 (yes, you read that right) had finally died and I was reluctant to buy a new one, as I am on a tight budget these days. My bus rides to work and jogs will now be so much more enjoyable because of my new shuffle. Thanks, Corrin! Everyone else, check out her blog. It's pretty snarky and quite great.

Now, the fun part, where I invite others to join and post eight things about themselves. But not so fast! First, here are the rules:

1. Each player starts with 8 random things about themselves.
2. At the end of your post, tag 8 people and include their names and their links. Please also post these rules.
3. Don’t forget to leave a comment on the blog of those you tag to let them know about this.


These people below are now tagged:
Observations of a Student
Mommies Home
Revolutionizing the Rat Race
Serenity Now!
Mother's Got a Dot Com
Reenashwina
Boogiemum
Health Nut Wannabe Mom

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi - Thanks! I just did a "Random 7 facts" post though, and I think that's just about as much fact about me that my readers can take...

Anonymous said...

lol - we could call you Beautiful Eyes now, you know that? ;)

Would love to see pics of your first book!

Amber Pixie Shehan said...

I did it! :)

Anonymous said...

Hey, I am from NE (MA and NH), too! Thanks for tagging me, I can't wait to play! Look for mine in the next day or two. :)

VH said...

"Most Beautiful Eyes in Massachusetts," eh? We need to see those peepers;D I graduated from UMass/Boston and I lived in the North End of Boston for years. Good times.
Enjoy the ipod:)

MsPicketToYou said...

I'm totally sending you a Dunkin Donuts coffee.

Unknown said...

Do you still use free service like blogspot.com or wordpress.com but
they have less control and less features.
shift to next generation blog service which provide free websites for
your blog at free of cost.
get fully controllable (yourname.com)and more features like
forums,wiki,CMS and email services for your blog and many more free
services.
hundreds reported 300% increase in the blog traffic and revenue
join next generation blogging services at www.hyperwebenable.com
regards
www.hyperwebenable.com